[Ifeffit] Some doubts about Artemis

Scott Calvin scalvin at sarahlawrence.edu
Mon Aug 5 16:25:22 CDT 2013

Hi Miguel,

On Aug 5, 2013, at 5:06 PM, Miguel A. Gómez <miguel.gomez at ica.csic.es> wrote:

> 1) Is it possible to use the coordination number of one path (N) as a
> variable? Because I tried to do it, but I am unable to write any
> letter in the path parameters set.

Because N only appears in the EXAFS equation as part of the product S02*N, coordination number can be fit by putting the variable in the S02 field. For example, the coordination number in the N box can be changed to 1, and the entry in the N field can be changed to S02*N, with N then made a "guess" variable. Of course, you can't sensibly fit every N and fit S02...something has to be set.

> 2) When I change the 'Fourier transform parameters' in order to
> perform a new fit, the  "window range" (green line) in the plotting
> screen wont change the range (at least visually) and remains between
> the defaut values (r from 1 to 3 or k from 2 to 10). Is there any form
> to modify this?

Usually it changes the next time you plot. If it doesn't, you are experiencing a bug that is specific to your circumstances (hardware + OS + project). Those kinds of bugs are, unfortunately, difficult to track down.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College