[Ifeffit] data point limits in Athena?

Göttlicher, Jörg joerg.goettlicher at kit.edu
Mon Aug 5 13:07:18 CDT 2013

Hello Bruce, Matt and Robert,

thanks to you all for your helpfull comments.
I didn't expect that the number of columns could have been the reason for the troubles to read in the data.
There was not such a problem with importing data before because I usually measure XAS spectra with optimium energy/k step widths. Here, it was the first time when I decided to shift the energy dependent binning to a later step (because of some troubles with a mesurement macro during the night) which resulted in a higher number of data points, and together with the huge number of data columns exceeded Athena's limit.
Nevertheless, for the future when more and more quick scans will be performed, it is good to have learned that data files should be cleared out before proceeding with evaluation.

Next time I'll directly attach an example file to enable a more effective tracking of the problem. Sorry, for not doing so here.

Finally, I would like to say that I very much appreciate the Iffefit program suite. You are doing a great job offering such comprised data evaluation possibilities to the XAS community worldwide.

Best regards
Joerg