[Ifeffit] problem with importing data between version of artemis

Georges Siddiqi siddiqui at inorg.chem.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 22 09:05:46 CDT 2013

Hi All,

I've done a fit in the old version of Artemis (0.8.014), and wanted to
import this fit into the new version of artemis (demeter 0.9.15) that I
have to play around with it a bit more.

The problem is, when I import the the "old-style artemis project", and do
the same fit, the values, and fit itself are nowhere near similar to what i
got with the old version of Artemis.

what is the cause of this discrepancy? As far as I can tell from double
checking all the fitting parameters, windows, variables, etc, they are all
exactly the same.  Even if I try to just do a summation in the new version
with my best-fit values from the old version, the fit is completely
different.

Previously when I was importing fits between versions I had no issues
whatsoever.

I've attached the artemis project file (W EXAFS.apj) that gives me a good
fit in the old version, and a poor fit in the new version.

thanks,
georges