[Ifeffit] How to write feff.inp file for CO adsorbed Cu?

Jason Gaudet jason.r.gaudet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:25:53 CDT 2012

Hi Tian,

What leads you to believe you'd be able to see C or O contributions to the
EXAFS in your sample?  CO probing of a catalyst during XAS measurements is
a pretty common experiment (although CO is often not a good probe molecule
for Cu...) but I'm having difficulty coming up with an example where the CO
itself was directly observed in EXAFS.  Sulfur, sure, but CO?  If your Cu
was monodisperse I suppose it would be less of a stretch to try, but if
you're talking about a Cu surface and expecting to separate Cu-C and Cu-Cu
contributions I'd be worried you may be far overestimating the capabilities
of your experiment.

If you have a cite that suggests this is feasible, it'd be news to me and
I'd be happy to read it.

-Jason