[Ifeffit] feff800 path files

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 18 11:45:44 CDT 2012

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 03:51:04 PM Maria Zougrou wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to construct the heulandite structure running atoms and
> feff800 for the 3 Ca sites. Atoms gives me a feff8.inp I got the paths for
> Ca1 site, but it doesn't calculate the Ca2 paths. There doesn't seem to be
> a geometry problem, I don't get a message that some atoms are too close,
> what could be the problem? I'm attaching the files I'm using.

Maria,

It seems pretty self-explanatory to me.  The structural data in your
atoms.inp file geenrates atoms that are unphysically close together.
Reasonably enough. Feff complains about that.

You have said nothing about the provenance of your structure data.
Could there be a transcription error?  I notice that the positions
tagged as W11 is one of the two atoms in each case that feff complains
about.

Without further evidence, I don't think either Atoms or Feff are doing
anything wrong.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel