[Ifeffit] possible bug: same Artemis project file, different results on 2 PCs

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Oct 10 09:32:28 CDT 2012

Hi Jeremy,

I got the answer on the right (amp=0.746, reduced chi-square=536) to
all displayed digits on the linux and WinXP computers here in my
office.

I am willing to pursue this, but I'm not really certain how.

How do these two computers differ?  Are they both 32bit or 64bit?  How
was Demeter installed on each computer?  Perhpas other scientific
software one on that is somehow causing a conflict?  I recently tried
to make Demeter insensitive to  the presence of another version of
perl on the computer -- perhaps that's not working and one of your
computers has this?

I just need more to go on.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel