[Ifeffit] Help to run Demeter on Windows XP

Yohei Uemura yuemura at post.kek.jp
Tue Nov 27 23:53:42 CST 2012

Dear Murugesan,

This is Yohei Uemura from Hokkaido University, Japan.

We also had the same problem on launching Demeter(Athena, Artemis etc.)
under Windows XP.
A Japanese researcher, who belongs to Nagoya University Synchrotron
radiation Research Center, found how to launch Demeter under Windows XP.

HIs procedure is as follows;

1. Go to "C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin"
2. a) To launch Athena, modify the file "dathena.bat": add a line as
below between L.19 and L.20
use Demeter::UI::Athena;
     b) To launch Artemis, modify the file "dartemis.bat": add a line as
below between L.19 and L.20
use Demeter::UI::Artemis;
     c) To launch Hephaestus , modify the file "dhephaestus.bat": add a
linebetween L.19 and L.20
use Demeter::UI::Hephaestus;

I was able to launch Demeter under XP when following the procedure.

Best regards,

Yohei
> So. Muru <mailto:muruges at gmail.com>
> 2012?11?28? 10:49
> Dear all,
> greetings from Murugesan,
>
> recently I downloaded the latest version of Demeter for windows and
> installed it on my windows xp (32bit) environment.
> I try to run the programs by shortcuts in the desktop, but the
> programs didn't run.
> what was the problem, kindly give your suggestions to run the Demeter
> package successfully on windows xp environment.
>
> with thanks and regards
> S Murugesan
>
> --

????

?????????(Photon Factory)

Yohéi Uemura (Ph.D)

Affiliation : Photon Factory, Institute of Materials Science, KEK

Adress : 1-1 Oho, Tsukuba-Shi, Ibaraki, Japan 305-0801

TEL&FAX: 029-879-6105

PHS: 029-864-5200 + 4956

Email : yuemura at post.kek.jp