[Ifeffit] iXAFS on Mountain Lion

Weng, Tsu-Chien tsuchien at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 21 19:34:51 CST 2012

Hi,

I had problem launching iXAFS on Mountain Lion after the OS upgrade.  It seems the path to X11 might be hard wired in the program.  Here is my workaround solution by creating a symbolic link to XQuartz.  It might be worth sharing the trick.

1. Install XQuartz 2.7.4 from <http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/>
2. Launch Terminal.app and issue the following commands:
   2.1) cd /Applications/Utilities
   2.2) sudo mkdir X11.app
   2.3) cd X11.app
   2.4) sudo ln -s ../XQuartz.app/Contents
3. Now either double-click on iXAFS.app or command line `open -a ixafs` should work

--
Tsu-Chien WENG
Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource