[Ifeffit] Determining errors in R_fit

Rana, Jatinkumar Kantilal jatinkumar.rana at helmholtz-berlin.de
Fri Nov 16 12:33:05 CST 2012

Dear Ifeffit users,

I have a very simple doubt about reporting the uncertainties in R_fit.

In the fit, I have assumed that a bond length changes by a constant fraction, *alpha* such that

Delta R = R_effective * alpha

and,

R_fit = R_effective +/- Delta R

I can get uncertainties in the fitted value of *alpha* from artemis. But the question is how to work out the uncertainties in the  R_fit. Will it be same as that of *alpha* ??

Thanks in advance !!!

With best regards,
Jatin

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin f?r Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de