[Ifeffit] Launching Athena on Mountain Lion (Mac OS 10.8)

Kyler Carroll kyler.carroll at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:32:34 CST 2012

Hello,

I had posted a comment/question a few months back when I had initially
installed Mountain Lion on my mac regarding iXAFS compatibility with
XQuartz and the new OS not supporting X11 anymore. Since then I have
received a few comments back and I found one solution to be the best. This
was originally sent by Tsu-Chien Weng from SSRL (tsuchien at slac.stanford.edu).
Please find the following solution below. Once you install XQuartz the rest
will be done in the Terminal.app. This is a one time solution and I havent
had any trouble thus far with the program. Hope this works as well for
everyone else as it did for me.

1. Install XQuartz from <http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/>
2. open Terminal.app
3. cd /Applications/Utilities