[Ifeffit] how to built ATOM to obtian FEFF by using DFT model?

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Thu Mar 8 23:27:38 CST 2012

Hello,

If you have done a DFT calculation, you can take the atom coordinates from the calculation and just put them directly into a Feff input file. No need to use atoms.

If you are not sure how to build a feff input file, you can run a dummy atoms file with Zn to get a rough template and work with the Feff users manual to determine how to set the parameters.

Jeff