[Ifeffit] Unsuccessful launching of (D)Athena, (D)Artmis and (D)Hephaestus

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jun 27 09:59:50 CDT 2012

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:04:22 PM Huaming Guo wrote:
> > Hello Bravel,
> >
> > Attached please find the log reports. These may be the issues leading to
> > the unsuccessful launching of (D)Athena, (D)Artmis and (D)Hephaestus. It
> > would be great if you can give me hands. Thanks.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Huaming

Hi everyone,

The log files this gentleman attached to his post have a bit of
chinese in them that Google Translate translates as "Invalid access to
memory".

This, then, is the reason that the Ifeffit wrapper is unable to load
the Ifeffit DLL.

Does anyone have any insight on what this means?

This fellow is from China, so it could be a problem of locale, or it
could be that Ifeffit is unhappy with Chinese characters in a path.
It's just not clear to me -- I have never seen this one before.

Do any of you use the latest version of my software on a Windows
computer set which displays Chinese or some other non-Western text?
Any advice?

Thanks,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel