[Ifeffit] Athena Request

BradleyW Miller Miller.BradleyW at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Jul 5 11:15:42 CDT 2012

Hi,

If my memory is correct there was a period of time you were taking request
for improvements on Athena. This may be too late however I would like to
see the LCF function of Athena capable of running multiple models
(sequential models e.g. Sample A followed by B, C...) using a similar set
of standards. For instances, I may have 25-40 spectra (environmental
samples), one set of standards which may be plausible, and currently I
have to run the model wait for the LCF model for sample A to finish before
starting Sample B. If there was a way to write a script or add the
functionality of multiple scans from the same set of standards, I (and
maybe others) could set up a computer and leave for several hours instead
of returning every 5-30 mins to execute a new LCF model. A conversation
was posted about running models with a large number of standards (and
whether it was appropriate), similarly running multiple samples is
cumbersome.

In a related comment I have tried to take advantage of access to high
speed computing, but Athena's code does not appear to be capable of taking
advantage of increased resources (either RAM and CPU) in order to decrease
computational time.

 All the same thanks (to the many of you working on Ifeffit) for the
shareware and all your support.

Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,
Bradley W. Miller, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Fellow
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education
U. S. Environmental Protection Agency
National Risk Management Research Laboratory
Land Remediation and Pollution Control Division
5995 Center Hill Avenue, Cincinnati, OH  45224-1702

Office:   (513) 487-2889            Miller.BradleyW at epa.gov
Fax:       (513) 569-7879            www.epa.gov

www.tinyurl.com/bwmiller

The great tragedy of Science—the slaying of beautiful hypothesis by an
ugly fact.— Thomas H. Huxley

Views or Opinions expressed in this email is solely representative of the
sender and does not represents those of the EPA or any other agency.