[Ifeffit] problem of overestimated E0 (Edge-energy)

JeongEunSuk eunsuk1986 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 23:43:13 CST 2012

Thank Jeremy
the feff.inp file and Fourier transformed EXAFS is attached.
I fitted the nearest neighbor scattering path, only single scattering Pt
and I am sorry,
  I wrote wrong fitting range
Fitting range
 K-sapce: 3.0 ~ 15 A-1
 R -space: 1.3~3.3  A

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:05:25 -0600
From: kropf at anl.gov
To: ifeffit at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov
Subject: Re: [Ifeffit] problem of overestimated E0 (Edge-energy)

I think we’ll need more information to help out: at a minimum, the feff.inp file.  Also, are you fitting just the nearest neighbor scattering path?

To begin to answer your question, while it is often the case that Eo falls below the white line peak, this is not categorically true.  A relevant example might be PtO2.

Jeremy
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439
Ph: 630.252.9398
Fx: 630.252.9917