[Ifeffit] ifeffit on Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)?

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 8 21:12:40 CST 2012

Hi Peggy,

Happy New Year!   Sorry to hear about the trouble -- I don't have
Lion, but I'd be surprised if there was anything specific to Lion that
caused the trouble.  It sounds like you might have tried these, but
just to be sure (and because they are the things I can think of), here
are some things to try:
  a)  is X11 installed and working (like, does    open -a X11    work
from a Terminal window)?
  b)  if you can start iXAFS.app, can you open the iXAFS shell?  From
there, what does typing 'ifeffit' do?  and then what does 'athena' or
'artemis' do?

Cheers,