[Ifeffit] star parser to be installed for Horae

denis testemale denis.testemale at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu Jan 5 04:10:30 CST 2012

Dear Carlo, dear members of the list,
I just wanted to share something about a problem with horae I just
solved. I don't know if it is related to the debian and debian-like
builds of horae or something else. Here is the context:
- I run ubuntu
- I use the last versions of horae package, but I had the same problem
for years...
- I could not import a .cif file in Artemis (error trapped) and had to
enter the data manually.

I decided to take the time to solve this small but annoying problem and
it appeared to be easily done: the error message said that I could not
import a cif file because the STAR::Parser was not installed. By
installing libstar-parser-perl I solved the problem.
In an old message, Carlo you said that you had built the packages which
included (among other things) this libstar-parser-perl package:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg00256.html
but for some reasons it did not install even if I used your horae
packages on your repositories.

If that helps someone...
Cheers
denis