[Ifeffit] AuPd CIF

Jason Gaudet jason.r.gaudet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:31:10 CST 2012

I don't think the CIF can be described any way other than as fractional
occupancy of the Au (or Pd) site, which ATOMS is not designed for.  For Au
L3 fitting of FCC alloys like this I would usually use ATOMS to make a FEFF
input file for Au, substitute every scatterer in the FEFF input with Pd,
and carefully combine the paths from the resulting FEFF calculations to fit
the data.  This has worked fairly well for my Pt and Pd catalysts
(reasonable results, useful accuracy).

Bruce wrote a workaround for dopants and alloys that should help you edit
the FEFF input correctly; from your message I'm not clear if you've already
seen it and/or that's what you're doing already.

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Doped

-Jason