[Ifeffit] demeter on xp access for all users (Bruce Ravel) (Bruce Ravel)(ted)

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Feb 3 13:24:08 CST 2012

On Friday, February 03, 2012 02:10:05 pm fred.mosselmans at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
> The problem seems to be although the user has write permission to this
> folder, Demeter doesn't try to create Its own folder (does this happen
> during a standard install for the installer?) so it seems  when in startup
> it finds there is no %APPDATA%/Demeter folder to put  the log in it gives
> up. Hence by first creating a Demeter folder in %APPDATA% folder,  the
> program runs happily. Thanks for the help in figuring it out.

Excellent.  I am happy you got it sorted out.

I could have sworn that I had noticed and solved that problem at some
point in the past.  I'll put it on the to do list.

Thanks for sticking through to the end.  This kind of feedback is
extremely helpful to me.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Demeter