[Ifeffit] How to do with diffraction peak

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 12 18:07:31 CST 2012

I agree about the first point, but what's done is done and the user who started this discussion has data which he needs to do something with.

What's Larch?

Why can't ifeffit do what I suggest?  Is it because it uses an algorithm which requires uniform tabulation?

One issue with my proposal - post-edge background subtraction (and even pre-edge if the Braggie comes at the wrong place) could
be corrupted by gaps in the data.  Imagine if a spline knot falls in a wide gap.

An example of an effect similar to Bragg peaks but not fixable by screwing with data acquisition - 2-electron peaks in
ekements like Ce.  For those, you just have to subtract the peaks, but fortunately there is literature on how to do that.
	mam