[Ifeffit] dathena cannot import data

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Dec 5 13:23:54 CST 2012

On Thursday, December 06, 2012 02:09:15 AM Huynh Khuong wrote:
> The only notice is that maybe under Ubuntu, Demeter comes with the
> default plot backend is PGPLOT, not GNUPLOT. In /home/.horae and in
> plot.demeter_condf file in Demeter home (in my PC:
> /home/khuong/perl5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/Demeter/configura
> tion),  the default value of plotwith is also pgplot. Changing them to
> gnuplot and everything is OK.

That is correct.  For the linux users, I have not yet written a
reliable test to verify that gnuplot has been installed.  Thus it is
safer to default to pgplot for the plotting backend.  I need to think
about that....

As you say, you can get the gnuplot backend working by changing the
value of "plot->plotwith".

Cheers,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel