[Ifeffit] dathena cannot import data

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Dec 5 09:29:13 CST 2012

Hi Khuong,

Unfortunately, your post arrived n the mailing list a couple days
after the big storm we had in my part of the world.  It was among the
many such things that I was unable to address at the time.  I am now
working my way through all the problems with and suggestions for my
software -- I have finally arrived at this one.

First off, I am sorry for the delay.  Such things happen.

Secondly, I want to ask if you ever resolved your problem.  If so,
could you say a few words about what you did to fix it.

One of the kind folks on this mailing list wrote up this guide to
installing Demeter:

   https://gist.github.com/3959252

You may want to take a look to see if perhaps you missed a step.

My final question is whether you ran the "./Build test" step of
installation.  If so, did the tests pass?  If the tests failed or if
you did not run them, could you please do so and show me what gets
written to the screen.

The bottom line is that I am astonished that you had this problem.
The data you included in your original email should have been imported
without problem into Athena.  I do 95% or more of my development on
Ubuntu computers, which is what makes your issues so surprising.
Unfortunately, your email from a month ago did not have enough
information for me to figure out the problem, whic is why I am
interested in seeing the "./Build test" output.

Again, sorry for the delay in responding.

Cheers,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel