[Ifeffit] Importing data to Athena crashes on WinXP

Jason Gaudet jason.r.gaudet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:04:35 CDT 2012

Hi Bradley,

I'm using 0.9.10 on Win7 and I'm seeing the same thing.  The problem might
be related to initializing the plot window with the "Athena: Column
Selection" dialog when the file being read has a large number of columns.
I can load this file into an already-existing project without a problem,
when that project already has the plot window initialized and displaying
earlier data prior to loading your raw data.

But if I have an empty Athena project, I can load this file if I cut it
down to 2 or 4 or 12 columns, with more columns making the plot window
display respond slower and slower.  With all 29 columns the program just
hangs.

Can you take some project with data in it, and load this raw data into that
project without crashing?  That might be a useful workaround for the moment.

-Jason

If so, you might temporarily get around the problem by loading data into