[Ifeffit] pre-edge centroid

Andrew Korinda a-korinda at northwestern.edu
Thu Aug 9 08:26:32 CDT 2012

Enyuan,

I've had trouble with fitting in Athena as well and just used Excel
and a Gaussian function for the peak. As Domink stated, fitting the
edge as an arctan function simultaneously is a large help. I had tried
extracting the pre-edge and fitting the peak in Origin as a
pseudo-Voight function; however, I couldn't get a reliable fit of the
edge alone.

In summary, it's a bit of all or nothing. When fitting the arctan
function, I typically stopped at 2 eV below the edge.

Andy Korinda