[Ifeffit] question for ifeffit mailing list - ATHENA NORMALIZATION

Marie Zwetsloot mjz56 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 8 12:17:59 CDT 2012

Hi Scott Calvin,

Thanks for your help. Yes, this is as far as my pre- and post-edge range
go. I realized I should have made them longer; it was my first time doing
this and wasnt aware that i should lengthen my pre and post-edge for later
on analysis. This will be good lesson for the future.

So you would not recommend doing linear combination fitting? I was planning
on trying it out.. But I wouldnt want to do it if with my pre- and
post-edge range, I am bound to derive wrong conclusions from the data.

Best,
Marie