[Ifeffit] question for ifeffit mailing list - ATHENA NORMALIZATION

Dominik Samuelis d.samuelis at fkf.mpg.de
Tue Aug 7 09:02:59 CDT 2012

Marie,

sometimes norm(E) can have a range quite a bit larger than 0-1,
especially when dealing with L-edge spectra with strong white lines.
Remember, normalization only sets the post-edge data (in the energy
range where your post-edge normalization polynom is defined) to average
around 1.

As usual, it would be good if you could send a (small) project file or
screen shot visualizing the problem. It's hard to guess if there's
anything wrong with your data without seeing it...

Best regards,
Dominik

On 07.08.2012 15:33, Marie Zwetsloot wrote:
> *Is there a way through which I can control that my norm(E) only has a
> range from 0-1? Right now, some of my scans go from 0 - 3 after having
> normalized them. It seems that most people publish their data only
> ranging from 0-1..? . Is there a difference between the two?*

Dr. Dominik Samuelis
d.samuelis at fkf.mpg.de
Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research
Heisenbergstr. 1
70569 Stuttgart
Germany
Phone +49-711-689-1769