[Ifeffit] New Demeter Win7 install (?) problems

Latta, Drew E. dlatta at anl.gov
Mon Apr 23 09:57:41 CDT 2012

Bruce:

I am having issues with getting the new Demeter release for Windows to work on my Win7 machine.  The install program runs just fine and drops shortcuts to Artemis, Athena, Atoms, and Hephaestus on my desktop.  However, when I click on the shortcuts to run these programs I get a very quick flash of a command line window saying something to the effect of: "The system cannot find the path specified."

The shortcuts on the desktop point to, for example:  "C:\demeter\perl\site\bin\dathena.bat" and there are batch files in the specified location with what appears to be useful text in them.

Note that I get the same issue if I un-install and re-install to the default C:\strawberry directory. Running the batch files from their actual directory does the same thing, suggesting to me that the problem lies somewhere deeper than I have the wherewithal to de-bug.

Did I miss a crucial step somewhere?

Cheers,

Drew Latta

-----------------------------------