[Ifeffit] related to previous mail

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Apr 9 07:23:47 CDT 2012

On Monday, April 09, 2012 07:58:44 am John Farell wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Related to previous mail that I sent, my question is which one I have to
> chose i.e., "guess" option or "set" option. Or is there any mistake I
> did?, Procedure that I have followed was not right ?. Suggest me....

John,

Well, one guesses the parameters that one wants to guess and one sets
the parameters one wants to set.  But that's probably not quite the
answer you are looking for.

You are not asking your questions very well.  When you ask a vague,
open ended question, you tend to get a vague, open ended answer.  How
are any of us supposed to know whether your "procedure" was "right"?
We dont know what you did.  How are we supposed to make suggestions?
We don't what the question is.

Here's a web page I wrote that tries to help people ask useful
questions

   http://bruceravel.github.com/demeter/pods/help.pod.html

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Demeter