[Ifeffit] Fit with Artemis in Demeter

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Sep 29 11:17:49 CDT 2011

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:26:08 am Kleper Rocha wrote:
> Hi for all,
> I am trying to use the Artemis in Demeter to fit a spectra of Pt foil (data
> treated in Athena follow in attachement). I am utilizing the first shell
> coordination and, exactly as demonstrated in Bruce's videos, I put the
> parameters amp, enot, delr and ss. If I make all parameter as "guess" the
> fit is not good and the value of amp is low as expected from old Artemis.
> In this way, I make amp equal 1, delr equal 0, ss equal 0.003 and set
> these values. The enot was equal 5, maked as "guess" and the fit was made.
> The value found for enot was "grab" and then maked as "set". Then, the ss
> parameter was make as "guess" and when I press the Fit button, all windows
> of Artemis are closed. Please, what's the matter?
> Thanks

Kleper,

I was able to reproduce this problem on my computer.  It turns out the
problem was a typo.  You can fix this on your computer relatively easily.

Download this file from the git repository:

  https://raw.github.com/bruceravel/demeter/master/lib/Demeter/templates/report/standard/setme.tmpl

It is a one-line file.

Now find where Demeter is installed on your computer.  On Windows, it
is probably C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib.  On linux you can figure it
out by typing the following at the command line

  perl -e 'use Demeter;use File::Basename;print dirname($INC{"Demeter.pm"})'

Move the file you just downloaded to

   Demeter/templates/report/standard/setme.tmpl

under that location.  The correct folder has a bunch of files with the
.tmpl extension.  The first in the list shoudl be "after.tmpl".

Once you put that one-line file in the correct place and with the
correct name, the crash you experienced will not happen again.

This will, of course, be corrected in the next release.  And this fix
has already been pushed to github.

Thanks for finding this problem,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 EXAFS software:  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Demeter