[Ifeffit] particle size and coordination number in Ru nanoparticles on carbon

Anatoly I Frenkel afrenke2 at yu.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:33:14 CDT 2011

Ru oxidizes easily. Since you fixed CN in bulk Ru as total 12 in the fit to hcp Ru it probably gave you a small amplitude factor for the foil.
Thus when you transferred that small amplitude factor to fit NP Ru it resulted in large CN.
We use freshly made Ru powders as standards. What amplitude factor have you got from the foil?

Anatoly

Sent from my mobile phone, please forgive typos.