[Ifeffit] Regarding the execution of Demos in PGPLOT

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 6 09:03:55 CDT 2011

Rajesh,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Rajesh Kumar <rajesh.sdc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently installed
> 1.  PGPLOT 5 (ver: 5.2.2-15) through Synaptic Package Manager from ubuntu -
> MOTU-Developers (Mathematics,   Multiverse)
> 2. IFEFFIT from Carlo Segre < segre at debian.org>, (version
> 2:1.2.11d-6~lucid0 ) and
> 3. Horae-07-1 through Synaptic Package Manager from ubuntu - developers
> (Science, Multiverse)
> I am not able to run the demo programs. So I started running demo programs
> for PGPLOT first.
> My examples are in directory:
> /usr/share/doc/pgplot5/examples/pgdemo2.f.gz
> When I compile the program "depgplot10.f" and executed the file, the
> interaction on the console is attached in the file attached herewith.
> I need help in this regard and I am very very new to "xafs" as well as
> ubuntu.

As far as I can tell from the message you attached, you ran a PGPLOT
demo program that requires a cursor for user input, selected a device
that does not support user input, and got a message saying so.  That
seems reasonable to me... you might try selecting the /XW device.

But, is running the PGPLOT demos your goal?  What does that have to do
with Ifeffit?  If running Ifeffit is the goal, what happens when you
try to run the programs ifeffit or athena?  What does "I am not able
to run the demo programs" mean?