[Ifeffit] Looking for reviewers for data reduction chapter

Lachlan MacLean Lachlan.MacLean at lightsource.ca
Sat Sep 3 18:13:03 CDT 2011

Hi Scott

I'm in!

Cheers
Lachlan
From: ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov [ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Scott Calvin [scalvin at sarahlawrence.edu]
Sent: September 3, 2011 3:16 PM
To: XAFS Analysis using Ifeffit
Subject: [Ifeffit] Looking for reviewers for data reduction chapter

Hi all,

Once again, I have a draft of a chapter of my textbook ready for review. This chapter is on data reduction, including normalization, background subtraction, and Fourier transforms. This will be Chapter 4 in the book, so it should be suitable for near-beginners as well as those with more experience. This is also a chapter where I had to make a lot of decisions on nomenclature and presentation, so experts might be interested as well, particularly if you have strong opinions on that kind of thing! It is a bit more than 40 pages long, which makes it the longest so far.

If you are interested in reviewing the chapter and can get feedback to me by 29 September, please contact me directly at SCalvin at slc.edu . As always, repeat reviewers are welcome!

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College