[Ifeffit] Horae problems Ubuntu [11.10 Oneiric]

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue Oct 25 03:04:28 CDT 2011

Hi again Denis:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011, denis.testemale wrote:

> Problem:
> after upgrading to Ubuntu Oneiric 11.10, I now cannot start Athena/Artemis,
> with the following error:
> /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpgplot.so.5: undefined
> symbol: XOpenDisplay
> Hephaestus runs, but I tried to plot something from it (i.e. f' and f''
> plots) and it crashes (with the same error).
>
> I uninstalled and reinstalled Horae with the sources list up to date
> (deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu sid main contrib non-free
> deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu oneiric main contrib non-free)
> but without success.

The problem is in the new build of pgplot5 with gfortran 4.6 and,
possibly, the latest version of debhelper.  In order to temporarily
resolve this problem while I figure out how to fix it permanently, I have
posted new pacakges for natty and oneiric on the debian-xray.iit.edu
archive.

Please let me know if it still won't work.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org