[Ifeffit] XANES fitting

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 12 19:40:04 CDT 2011

Hi Riti,
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Bruce Ravel <bravel at bnl.gov> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 04:47:28 pm Ritimukta Sarangi wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>> Thank you. I am looking forward to comments from members from the forum.
>> Yes, I have found some of Corwin's references. Perhaps it might help
>> current and future EXAFS folks to have a page on the Ifeffit website
>> discussing the causes of such systematic and random errors that you point
>> out and listing some of these references? Best,
>> -Riti
>
> Anyone can ask Matt for an account at xafs.org and contribute
> interesting and useful things.

Actually, anyone can create an account on xafs.org and create pages
there.  Do to some inevitable abuse,   many pages there are restricted
so that only certain users can edit them, and some are even restricted
for who may see them.   (For the ifeffit website, I do restrict
accounts -- oddly there was much more abuse there).

> I think a wiki page about errors in XAS measurement would be the bomb.

I agree, that would be really nice.