[Ifeffit] beamline for Al EXAFS

Annette Pietzsch annette.pietzsch at maxlab.lu.se
Wed Oct 12 04:20:52 CDT 2011

Hi Alex,

you could also try beamline I511-3 at MAX-lab, Sweden. I did some Al
K-edge XAS in fluorescence yield there but TEY is also possible for
conducting samples. The sample was simply glued to the sample holder
with carbon tape. Since the Al K-edge energy is close to the upper limit
of the beamline, good EXAFS measurements would probably take some time,
though.

Cheers,
Annette

On 2011-10-11 16:47, Kompch, Alexander wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> for the analysis of the location of the Al-dopant in ZnO, I am looking for suitable EXAFS beamlines. Dopant concentrations are 1-10%. So far I have only found ALS 6.3.1 and NSLS X15B.
> Can anybody recommend beamlines for Al EXAFS?
>
> My EXAFS experience is so far limited to the high energy range with signal detection in transmission (ionization chambers) and fluorescence (multi-element Ge-detectors). At such low energies as 1.5 keV for Al-K, the sample needs to be in vacuum, transmission will not work and Ge detectors probably the same. Does anybody have experience with Al-EXAFS, and can share a little about setup and what other complications to expect?
>
> Thank you,
> Alex.

Annette Pietzsch                           phone:   +46-46-2228144
MAX-lab                                    mobile:  +46-709-323673
Lund University                            fax:     +46-46-2224710

Visiting Address:                                 Ole Römers väg 1
                                             SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden

Postal/Delivery Address:                                   Box 118
                                             SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden

Invoice Address:                                           Box 188
                                             SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden

VAT#:                                            SE 2021 0032 1101