[Ifeffit] beamline for Al EXAFS

Kompch, Alexander alexander.kompch at web.de
Tue Oct 11 09:47:34 CDT 2011

Dear all,

for the analysis of the location of the Al-dopant in ZnO, I am looking for suitable EXAFS beamlines. Dopant concentrations are 1-10%. So far I have only found ALS 6.3.1 and NSLS X15B.
Can anybody recommend beamlines for Al EXAFS?

My EXAFS experience is so far limited to the high energy range with signal detection in transmission (ionization chambers) and fluorescence (multi-element Ge-detectors). At such low energies as 1.5 keV for Al-K, the sample needs to be in vacuum, transmission will not work and Ge detectors probably the same. Does anybody have experience with Al-EXAFS, and can share a little about setup and what other complications to expect?

Thank you,
Alex.