[Ifeffit] particle size and coordination numberin Runanoparticles on carbon

Dreher Marian Marian.Dreher at psi.ch
Tue Oct 11 09:25:48 CDT 2011

Hi Scott,

thanks for the suggestion.

I've looked through your recent publications and also read your post
from Fri, 04 Feb 2011, concerning the R dependence of s02. Comparing the
CNs of the 1st and 2nd shell (that are the only ones that are properly
resolved in my spectra) makes a lot of sense.
I also read the following publication:

Jentys, A. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 1999, 1, 4059-4063.

Basically, I could use their formula to calculate the theoretical ratio
of 1st and 2nd shell CN at a given cluster size and compare that to my
data. Their calculations are based on a fcc structure but it should be a
good enough approximation for my hcp Ru clusters.
Does that sound reasonable?

Regards,

Marian.

Marian Dreher, Dipl. Chem.
PhD Student, Catalytic Process Engineering Group

Paul Scherrer Institut
General Energy Research (ENE)
Laboratory for Bioenergy and Catalysis
Office: OVGA/115