[Ifeffit] number of independent points

George Sterbinsky GeorgeSterbinsky at u.northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 10 09:35:12 CDT 2011

Hello,

Since I haven't received a response to my previous question, I just wanted
to make sure I asked it clearly. To elaborate, I am attaching a log from
Athena. The log file lists:

 "Independent points          =      27.057617188"

If I attempt to reproduce this result using the equation in the feffit
document, I find

Nidp = { [2*(kmax - kmin)*(Rmax-Rmin) / pi] + 2} = { [2*(14 - 0.5)*(4.2 -
1.0) / pi] + 2} = 29.50197417,

where I have used the k-range and R-range in the log file as kmax, kmin,
Rmax, and Rmin.

Can someone explain to me why may calculation does not reproduce the number
given for "independent points" in the log fie?

Thank you,
George