[Ifeffit] lifetime broadening of pre-edge peaks?

Iztok Arčon iztok.arcon at ung.si
Mon Oct 10 02:32:39 CDT 2011

Dear Matthew

you can find examples of determination of life-time broadening,
deconvolution of XANES specra, and discussion about limitations due to
noise in several papers, for example:

A. Filipponi, J. Phys. B 33, 2835 (2000)
*
A. Kodre, I. Arčon, J. Padeznik Gomilšek, R. Frahm*//
J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 35 (2002) 3497-3513

*A. Kodre, J. Padežnik Gomilšek, A. Mihelič, I. Arcon*/
/Radiation Physics and  Chemistry 75 (2006) 188-194

*J. Padeznik Gomilsek, I. Arcon, S. de Panfilis, A. Kodre,* /
/Phys. Rev. A 79,  (2009) 032514,

regards
Iztok

Matthew Marcus wrote:

> Is the core-hole lifetime broadening of pre-edge XANES peaks the same
> as at the main edge?  I'm looking into issues of de-noising of XANES
> epsctra, so
> need to figure out how narrow real features can be.
>     mam

prof. dr. Iztok Arcon
University of Nova Gorica
Vipavska 13, POB 301