[Ifeffit] Athena Artemis

George Sterbinsky GeorgeSterbinsky at u.northwestern.edu
Thu May 12 12:23:47 CDT 2011

Hello,

I've noticed an odd behavior in Athena and Artemis and I was hoping someone
could explain it to me.

I've attached an Artemis file Data3.apj and an Athena file Data4.prj.

First open Data3.apj. Then from the Artemis file menu choose open, then open
Data4.prj and import the Data4.xmu file. Now plot the data in k-space you
will see a slight difference between the two spectra, most noticeably above
15 k, so plotting in k^3 is best to see the difference.

Now close Artemis and don't save. Open Data4.prj with athena and choose to
import only the file Data4.xmu. Save the project as something else. I saved
as Data4C.prj, which I have also attached.

Close Athena and don't save. Open Data3.apj again. Then from the Artemis
file menu choose open, then open Data4C.prj or whatever you may have named
the file and import the Data4.xmu file, which should now be the only data
file in the project. Now plot the data in k-space and you will find that the
two data sets are now the same. The differences at high k are no longer
present. Can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thank you,
George