[Ifeffit] Please give us help

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Mar 21 08:17:39 CDT 2011

Dr. Matsuura,

Here in the States, our news sources are covering the incredible
disaster in Sendai constantly.  Over the weekend, I heard several
stories on the radio about the difficulties that charitable
organizations are having doing their work at this early time, so soon
after the disaster.  There is also much uncertainty about which
charity organizations known to us in the west have well-functioning
operations in Japan.  On top of that, there has been the inevitable
epidemic of false organization masquerading as charitable organization
springing up.

Despite all that, I am confident that there is a genuine concern
outside of Japan for the crisis in Japan and I imagine that many of us
on this mailing list would like to find good places to direct
charitable contributions.

Does Tohoku University have a development or reconstruction fund
which can accept donations from outside of Japan?  If so, that would
be useful information to pass along to the mailing list as well as an
appropriate avenue of charity for the denizens of this mailing list
who have the capacity to do so.

Be strong,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov