[Ifeffit] International Workshop on Improving Data Quality and Quantity , for XAFS Experiments (Q2XAFS2011), Tsukuba, Apr. 12-13, 2011

Yohei Uemura yuemura at post.kek.jp
Wed Mar 2 03:32:50 CST 2011

Dear ifeffit mailing list users,

This is Yohei Uemura at Photon Factory, KEK, Japan.

"Q2XAFS" workshop is going to be held on 12-13 April 2011 in Photon Factory, Tsukuba, Japan.
This workshop aims to have worldwide discussions about measurements and data collection of XAFS to improve data quality and quantity.
There will be also presentations about XAFS experiments on bio-systems and recent beamline developments.
Please read the message from the organisers below.

Dear Colleagues

It is our pleasure to inform you that "International Workshop on
Improving Data Quality and Quantity for XAFS Experiments
(Q2XAFS2011)" will be held during April 12-13, 2011 in Tsukuba,
Japan. As you have been of great significance in the related
topics of XAFS, we would be honored to ask your attendance and
participation in our efforts aimed at quality and quantity
improvements. We will welcome your early registration (reduced
fee) at the Q2XAFS2011 web
(http://pfwww.kek.jp/Q2XAFS2011/index.html) by February 28.
The workshop is jointly organized by the IUCr XAFS Commission and
the IXAS, inviting outstanding researchers representing synchrotron
radiation facilities all over the world. Q2XAFS2011 focuses on Q2
(quality and quantity) control of EXAFS data collection, analyzing
and exchange. Our goal is to assess the current status, to find
fundamental problems and to propose a solution through standards
and/or recommendation. The workshop will provide opportunities to
fully discuss and exchange opinions on important categories of Q2
control. As the topics of the workshop are strongly dependent on
beamlines and experimental stations, participation of experienced
scientists based at facilities is essential. In particular, we will
have a dedicated session for standard data format that would
dramatically improve efficiency and security of data collection and
exchange. Your participation in the workshop will be greatly
appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you in Tsukuba.

Sincerely, yours

Soich Wakatsuki, Chair of Q2XAFS2011, Director of Photon Factory
Isabella Ascone, IUCr XAFS Commission, Chair
Hiroyuki Oyanagi, IXAS, Chair

上村洋平

所属: 高エネルギー加速器研究機構 物質構造科学研究 所

放射光科学研究施設(Photon Factory)

住所: 茨城県つくば市大穂1-1

Yohe'i Uemura (Ph.D)

Affiliation : Photon Factory, Institute of Materials Science, KEK

Adress : 1-1 Oho, Tsukuba-Shi, Ibaraki, Japan 305-0801

TEL&FAX: 029-879-6105

PHS: 029-864-5200 + 4956

Email : yuemura at post.kek.jp