[Ifeffit] Fwd: problem with horae installation on ubuntu 11.04

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue Jun 21 08:38:29 CDT 2011

hi Samuel

This looks suspiciously like an issue with a partial or incomplete local
installation in /usr/local/bin in addition to the packages.  Look in
/usr/local and remove all traces of pgplot, ifeffit and so on.  make sure
you look in all subdirectories since the ifeffit perl wrappers go into
/usr/local/perl/...

once oyu have removed all local installation, try uninstalling and
reinstalling horae, pgplot and ifeffit.

Let me know if the problems persist.

Carlo

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Bruce Ravel wrote:

> Samuel,
>
> As you can see, I am forwarding this to the mailing list.
>
> It seems to me that you do not have pgplot installed.  On ubuntu this
> package is called "pgplot5".  Have you installed it?
>
> I would have thought that the pgplot package would have been a
> dependency of the ifeffit package.
>
> Carlo: can you shed any light on Samuel's problem?
>
> Rgeards,

> Subject: problem with horae installation on ubuntu 11.04
> Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 08:19:46 am
> From: Bickel  Sämi <bickels at student.ethz.ch>
> To: "bravel at anl.gov" <bravel at anl.gov>
>
> hi
>
> this is probably a stupid question but i'm quite stuck here.
> i need the athena software but it doesen't load. it termines with the
> error:
>

>> bickels at bickels-laptop:/$ athena
>> /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so: undefined symbol: pgqndt_
>>

> i tried compiling the ifeffit-perl but it did not work. also i don't know if i
> got another version of perl.. but i installed ifeffit trough synaptic.
>
> im a newbie and this is probably no big issue..
>
> thanks and have a nice day
> samuel bickel

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org