[Ifeffit] McMaster correction

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 17 13:43:33 CDT 2011

HI Scott,

I don't think it's abusing the list to bring up topics of discussion.
 I was just noticing that I was finding myself being more reserved in
my answer than if someone had simply asked "what's the McMaster
correction and when do I need it"?.    I haven't looked at your book
chapters partly out of lack of time and partly because I've been asked
to write up tutorial information myself.   I find this negative effect
of copyright and "authorship" -- that I'm actually *less* willing to
read others work and discuss these topics openly -- interesting.

--Matt