[Ifeffit] Postdoc in XAFS at Australian Synchrotron

Chris Glover chris.glover at synchrotron.org.au
Sat Jun 11 00:09:03 CDT 2011

Hi All,

Im hoping this reaches, or could be passed to, interested candidates in a 2
year Postdoc position at the XAS beamline at the Australian Synchrotron.

In short the beamline is based on a 1.9T Wiggler with high flux focused beam
of ~ 0.2 x 1 mm.  It features 2 experimental hutches, the first is a (fixed)
'standard' RT/He transmission / fluorescence setup, and the second flexible
for a range of different setups.  The main detector on the beamline is a
Canberra 100 element Ge pixel array detector and XIA electronics.
 Optimizing the experimental performance of this detector be the main focus
of the Postdocs project.

Further information regarding the beamline and the position are available
at:

http://www.synchrotron.org.au/index.php/aussyncbeamlines/x-ray-absorption-spectroscopy

http://www.synchrotron.org.au/index.php/about-us/working-at-the-synchrotron/employment-opportunities/590-post-doctoral-fellowship-x-ray-absorption-spectroscopy-xas

Relocation and repatriation expenses for international candidates will be
provided.

I would like to clarify that despite rumors and what may be reported in the
local and international media, we are not concerned about the long term
security and viability of the Australian Synchrotron continued operations.
 We are, unfortunately, a hot topic with local politics.

For any queries or further information please contact me off the list.

Regards Chris Glover.