[Ifeffit] problems in installing PGPLOT in UBUNTU

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Fri Jul 29 00:09:36 CDT 2011

Dear Enyuan:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Enyuan Hu wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Has anyone met a problem when installing PGPLOT in UBUNTU? I fellowed the
> prescribed recipe in http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ifeffit/src/INSTALL but
> always encounter problem when trying to get PGPLOT installed. The message is
> like this:

For Ubuntu, you don't need to install PGPLOT from the tarball, there is a
package of it in Ubuntu already.  horae and sixpack are available in
Ubuntu also.  The only thing that is not (yet) available is demeter but I
hope to be able to get it into Ubuntu soon.

The latest versions of my packages are always available at

    http://debian-xray.iit.edu

By the way, the errors are because you are mising the development
libraries of some packages that PGPLOT needs in order to compile.

Cheers, Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org