[Ifeffit] Opening SSRL data in Athena

segre@iit.edu segre at agni.phys.iit.edu
Thu Jul 7 19:00:25 CDT 2011

Hi Julia

Could you attach the file? I think I know what it is but it would help.

Carlo
--
Carlo Segre, Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions

Julia M Klofas <jklofas at usgs.gov> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about using Athena to analyze data taken at SSRL beam line 11-2.  I can't seem to open the files, a message pops up saying it 'could not be read by ifeffit as a data file'.  I have looked around these message threads and in the athena users guide but there doesn't seem to be any information on it.  The users guide goes through choosing different data columns and if there is a header or not, but I can't open the data as some sort of text file to see how it is organized.

I'm sure its just importing it differently or checking a box or something silly like that, but I would appreciate any guidance.

Thank you very much,

Lia

---
Lia (Julia) Klofas