[Ifeffit] EXAFS fitting method

"Dr. Dariusz A. Zając" kicaj at ifj.edu.pl
Sun Jan 30 06:06:38 CST 2011

  Hi Abhijeet,
not in all cases you can get (or get full) crystal structure from
database. Then, additional EXAFS experiments can be helpful. Of course,
you can also imagine more situation, as doping, vacancies or
substitutions, etc. You can also try to create crystal model without XRD
data.
Please, do not forget that EXAFS is the element selective method, and
probes the structure locally.
Answering the third question - if you have EXAFS data, and model of
crystallographic structure you can compare both, and if it is needed
adjust/model the structure to get better agreement. If you use know
structure from another compound you should be sure that you have
replaced elements according to elements, ocupancy and positions in your
sample.
regards
kicaj