[Ifeffit] EXAFS fitting method

Abhijeet Gaur abhijeetgaur9 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 02:23:26 CST 2011

Hi all,
          As I understand, the EXAFS fitting procedure using Artemis, for
generating a theoretical model requires the crystal structure parameter like
space group, cell parameters and *specially* *atom coordinates* etc.  For
this we have to perform XRD measurements of single crystals of the samples.
I have some questions
(1) In case we dont have the XRD data of a sample then how can the EXAFS
      analysis be done  of that sample?
(2) If we have already performed the XRD on the sample then by doing
     EXAFS what additional information are we getting ?
(3) If the answer to the first question is that - *use the crystal structure
of a *
*      similar sample,* then what are the conditions under which we can use
the
      known crystal structure of one sample for other samples ?

Thanks in advance
Abhijeet Gaur