[Ifeffit] Liquid gold-Latex suspension measurements

Julian Kaiser Julian.Kaiser at helmholtz-berlin.de
Fri Jan 14 03:20:08 CST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to measure some Gold-Nanoparticles that are embedded in a
kind of polymer-matrix consisting of a polystyrene-core and some
polyelectrolyte-chains.
The total amount of gold in the suspension will be 0.025-0.05 percent by
weight.
The idea is to place the sample in a polystyrene cuvette with
approximately 1 mm diameter (sample) and (2x) 1 mm (polystyrene).
We've tried once to measure in transmission mode, where we had some
problems maybe due to the absorption of water and polystyrene.
Measurements in fluorescence mode might also cause problems by
self-absorption and the absorption of the polystyrene again.

Does anybody have good experience with liquid measurements of diluted
samples?

Best regards,
Julian

Julian Kaiser

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1, D-14109 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 8062 - 43029
Mail: Julian.Kaiser at helmholtz-berlin.de

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher
Forschungszentren e.V

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch
Stellvertretende Vorsitzende: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c.
Wolfgang Eberhardt, Dr. Ulrich Breuer

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Handelsregister: AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583