[Ifeffit] Problem with Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Jan 7 07:48:11 CST 2011

Hi Samer,

I am CCing my response to the Ifeffit mailing list.  I ask that
questions about the software be directed to the mailing list rather
than to me personally.

The file that you attached is from the SSRL Data Collector.  This is
one of the formats supported by a filetype plugin.  See

  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/import/plugin.html

As explained on that page, from the "Settings" menu, select "Plugin
registry", then click on the button labeled "SSRLA".  Athena will
then be able to import your file.

If you do not have that plugin on your computer for some reason (for
example, if you are running a somewhat old version of Athena), a copy
can be found at

  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/svn/horae/trunk/lib/Ifeffit/Plugins/Filetype/Athena/SSRLA.pm

Place that file in

  C:\Program File\Ifeffit\horae\Ifeffit\Plugins\Filetype\Athena\

if you are a windows user or in

  $HOME/.horae/Ifeffit/Plugins/Filetype/Athena/

on linux.  There is a similar location on a Mac, but I don't know its
path off the top of my head.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov